Good, Bad, I haven't met the movie I can't watch.

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Movie By Many Names...

Tower of Evil (1972)
Director- Jim O'Connolly
Starring- Bryant Haliday, Jill Haworth, Mark Edwards

This movie somehow went through several different names before ending up with Tower of Evil: Tower of the Living Corpses, Beyond the Fog, Horror of Snape Island, Because the Phoenician God Continues to Kill?, who knows what else?

A woman saved from a mysterious tower/lighthouse recovers memories of what happened to her and how her friends got killed. Archaeologists searching for Phoenician treasure venture out to the tower and find ore bodies. I find myself wondering at this point: are they planning on taking the treasure and studying it? Donating it to a museum? I certainly hope their professional ethics were considered.

I was also surprised to realize this plot was slightly similar to a webcomic I had drawn long before I ever set eyes on this movie! My webcomic didn't have all the nudity, though. The nudity and sex scenes were a positive addition. The acting was so-so. There were some creepy moments, though. The corpse in the rocking chair, the being who creeps up behind the young idiot with the crown, the old hermit.

It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.

Rating: 3/5 Bonedaddies.

No comments: