Good, Bad, I haven't met the movie I can't watch.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Not the Better Half

The Dark Half (1993)
Director- George Romero
Starring- Timothy Hutton, Amy Madigan, Michael Rooker

A writer struggling with a fictional alter-ego decides to symbolically kill him off, only to have him come alive and kill people as described in the writer's novels. The alter-ego is a gritty smooth-talking maniac with a pomp hairdo and cowboy boots.
I actually kind of liked the guy--he always knew what to say, and was nonchaant & personable. I wanted to like the movie, since Romero directed, but it's a collaboration with Stephen King writing, and I typically don't get along well with Stephen King movies. The acting is typical of 1990's made-for-tv movies-slight tendencies to overact, some dated styles.
I thought the concept that as one got better, the other got worse was an interesting on, but even that was hard to keep paying attention to.
Rating: 2.5/5 Bonedaddies


No comments: